the shop Image Map

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Honeycomb obsession

When I was pretty little my best friends family got a new microwave. It was so amazing, it had a plate in the center of the microwave that turned the food in a circle so that it cooked the same everywhere (yes I'm that old!) Then all of the sudden it seemed as though EVERYONE, except me, had a microwave like this. I discussed with my Mom the fact that I saw these microwaves everywhere now. She in her Mommy wiseness simply said, "Kristy, those microwaves have been around for a long time, you are just noticing them now that you know they are here." Since that day I have seen this happen over and over again. Canned lighting, it's been around for ever, yet I never really noticed it until I was building my own house and now I'm a bit obsessed. I could go on and on. 

Remember this floor? Remember how much I LOVED it? 




Now I am seeing hexagons absolutely EVERYWHERE! I can not get them out of my head! 

Lining freeways in Arizona...

Shopping carts...

Honeycomb...



I'd love some local Arizona orange blossom honey right now!

Even on the bottom of my boys flip flops (you don't want to see a picture of those).
I've been working on something fun with this great honeycomb pattern. Look for it next month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...